2021 Mazda CX-9: Technology & Design Updates
The Mazda CX-9 is the brand’s flagship three-row midsize crossover SUV that appeals to families, style enthusiasts, and thrill seekers. For 2021, the CX-9 receives upgrades to its technology and styling.
New exterior designs combine with high-class interior features with new seat patterning and the largest infotainment display to be equipped on a CX-9. Also, the 2021 CX-9 offers a new Carbon Edition model that features even bolder styling.
Arriving in style after an invigorating journey, the CX-9’s sleek design is matched by its responsive performance. The Skyactiv-G 2.5 Turbo engine equipped on all CX-9 models delivers a robust 320 lb-ft of torque and 250 horsepower on premium (93 octane) gasoline or 310 lb-ft of torque and 227 horsepower on regular (87 octane) gasoline.
The turbocharged engine is paired with a quick-shifting, six-speed Skyactiv-Drive automatic transmission and has standard G-Vectoring Control Plus. Mazda’s predictive i-Activ all-wheel drive with off-road traction assist is standard in CX-9 Signature and available on all other trim levels.
Standard features on the 2021 CX-9 Sport trim include a new 10.25 inch large infotainment display equipped with the latest Mazda Connect interface. Mazda’s suite of i-Activsense safety features come standard and feature Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go, Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Warning with Lane-Keep Assist, and Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. Other standard features include:
- Heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Six-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and auto pairing
- Rear view camera
- Keyless entry
- Push Button Start
- The Touring trim adds various seating upgrades, including leather-trimmed first and second-row seats, six-way power passenger seat, and two USB charging ports in the second row. Other additions include a power liftgate, Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry and auto-dimming rearview mirror.
Touring Premium Package
- With the optional Touring Premium Package, occupants can further enjoy the CX-9 experience with Bose® 12-speaker premium audio, new wireless phone charger will be located in the storage compartment in front of the shifter, power moonroof, front and rear parking sensors, two USB charging ports in the third row, LED fog lights, second-row retractable window sunshade, SiriusXM® satellite radio with three-month trial subscription. Along with this package, owners have the option to select between the second-row bench seating or second-row captain’s chairs with armrest and center pass through.
- New CX-9 Carbon Edition models builds on the CX-9 Touring with Touring Premium Package, but provides exclusive styling with Polymetal Gray exterior paint, gloss black door mirrors and new designs for the gloss black front grille and 20-inch black metallic aluminum alloy wheels. The interior has red leather seats and black interior trimming on the dash, door panels and handle bezels.
- The CX-9 Grand Touring moves up from the Touring with Touring Premium Package through added peace of mind with new i-Activsense safety features Smart City Brake Support Reverse and Driver Attention Alert join the 360° View Monitor with front and rear parking sensors now updated with high-definition digital clarity.
- The interior is equipped with Active Driving Display with Traffic Sign Recognition, Mazda Navigation system, ventilated front seats, heated second-row seats, heated steering wheel, seven-inch TFT reconfigurable digital gauge display, eight-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support and memory positioning, interior LED accents and frameless rearview mirror.
- Other convenient and styling upgrades include 20-inch silver metallic finish aluminum alloy wheels, hands-free power liftgate, Satin Chrome roof rails, automatic power folding door mirrors, Adaptive Front-lighting System, chrome lower exterior accents and windshield wiper de-icer.
- In the upper most trim level, the CX-9 Signature offers all of the appealing driving dynamics with standard i-Activ all-wheel drive while not compromising on design. New titanium gray metallic finish front grille design is a stunning first impression, especially with the LED grille accent lighting.
- New design 20-inch brilliant silver finish aluminum alloy wheels and larger dual tailpipes round out the elegant and exciting styling. The well-appointed interior styling has been upgraded with new quilting and piping on the first and second-row seats and patterned aluminum on the dash, door panels and handle bezels. Combined with second-row captain’s chairs with center console that provide a first-class experience much like the first row with armrest storage compartment, heated seat buttons and cupholders, Nappa leather seats, Santos Rosewood interior trim and unique steering wheel stitching, the CX-9 Signature provides an executive feeling for all occupants.