2023 Mazda CX-9: Pricing & Packaging
Mazda’s three-row midsize crossover SUV, the CX-9, continues to embody many of the premium values while remaining one of the safest vehicles in its class.
The CX-9 continues to feature standard i-Activ AWD, enhancing driving dynamics, handling, and vehicle control, allowing the driver to enjoy a more confident driving experience. Additionally, the CX-9 is one of the first vehicles in its class to earn a Good rating in IIHS’s new, tougher side impact test. The design and safety features that contributed to these results have been carried over to the 2023 model year as standard features.
Mazda CX-9 Touring ($38,750)
The new standard 2023 CX-9 Touring model provides seating for six with second row captain’s chairs and a center pass through for added passenger comfort and convenience. The second-row slide and tilt function allow for easier access to the third row. Other newly standard features include black or sand color leather seating, power moonroof, LED fog lights, and wireless phone charger.
As standard, all CX-9 models are powered by the Skyactiv-G 2.5 Turbo engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission with manual and sport modes. The CX-9 delivers an impressive 250 horsepower and a robust 320 lb-ft of torque with premium 93 octane fuel, and 227 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque with regular 87 octane fuel.
Mazda’s unique i-Activ AWD system continuously monitors weight distribution and shifts power to the appropriate wheels for optimum performance, providing drivers a near instant response to inputs. In addition, all CX-9 models are equipped with G-Vectoring Control Plus and Off-Road Traction Assist.
To help keep the driver and passenger safe, CX-9 is well-equipped with an array of standard i-Activsense driver assist safety features including:
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Smart Brake Support with Collision Warning
- Advanced Smart Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
Every CX-9 model includes complimentary Mazda Connected Services for three years, providing the ability to monitor and control the state of the vehicle remotely by logging into the MyMazda app, and offering in-car Wi-Fi hotspot for three-months or 2GB trial, whichever comes first.
A focal point of the well-appointed interior is the 10.25-inch full-color center display with the latest Mazda Connect infotainment system that can be controlled with the multi-function commander knob and is integrated with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Other standard features include:
- Heated front seats
- Push button start
- Power liftgate
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry
- Leather-wrapped shifter and steering wheel with mounted audio, Bluetooth, and cruise control buttons
- Front and second-row dual USB inputs
- Six-speaker sound system
- Three-zone automatic climate control
- Eight-way power driver’s seat and lumbar support
- Six-way power front passenger’s seat
- 18-inch aluminum alloy wheels finished in gray metallic
- Electronic parking brake
- Rearview camera
- Rear side and liftgate window privacy glass
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
Mazda CX-9 Touring Plus ($41,500)
The Touring Plus raises the value and styling that customers will appreciate in the mid-size crossover’s model lineup. This package comes standard with second row bench seating for seven passengers. Optional second row captain’s chairs are available, providing seating for six.
The Touring Plus also includes all the standard features while adding ventilated front seats, power driver’s seat with memory, black metallic 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels, gloss black front grille, aluminum roof rails, and a frameless rearview mirror.
Mazda CX-9 Carbon Edition ($44,780)
Following its continued popularity, the CX-9 Carbon Edition returns for the 2023 model year as a six-passenger mid-size crossover with heated second-row captain’s chairs with an armrest and center pass through.
Carbon Edition models can be identified by Polymetal Gray exterior paint color that is accentuated by gloss black automatic power-folding door mirrors and chrome accents on the lower molding.
Inside, CX-9 Carbon Edition features:
- Red leather seats with aluminum interior trim
- LED door pocket illumination
- LED door pull handles
- Overhead LED illumination
- Black metallic accents on the dash, door panels, and handle bezels
In addition to standard features, CX-9 Carbon Edition adds:
- Heated steering wheel with paddle shifters
- 7-inch LCD multi-information gauge display
- Rear Smart City Brake Support
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System
- Windshield wiper de-icer
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring ($45,640)
The CX-9 Grand Touring builds off the features found in the Touring Plus and adds silver metallic 20-inch alloy wheels and body-color automatic power-folding door mirrors. CX-9 Grand Touring has the option to configure the heated second-row seats as either bench seating or captain’s chairs with armrest and center pass through with a choice between black or sand color leather first and second-row seats.
Other features include:
- 360° View Monitor
- Active Driving Display with Traffic Sign Recognition
- Mazda Navigation
- Three-year SiriusXM Traffic & Travel Link subscription that provides current information for traffic, weather, sports scores, fuel prices, and nearby parking
Mazda CX-9 Signature ($48,460)
As the highest model offering, CX-9 Signature expands on the features in the Grand Touring and elevates the experience with offerings exclusive to the Signature model.
The heated second row captain’s chains provide a first-class feel with a center console with an armrest storage compartment like in the first row, which provide convenient access to the heated seat buttons and cup holders.
The premium interior includes Nappa leather first and second-row seats, which are available in either Deep, Chestnut, or Parchment. The first and second-row seats have a quilting and piping that adds to the elegance of the CX-9 Signature.
Other details include:
- Santos Rosewood interior trim
- Patterned aluminum on the dash and door handle bezels
- Unique stitching on the steering wheel
- Hands-free power liftgate
- 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels with a brilliant silver finish
- Titanium gray metallic finished front grille
- LED lighting accent
- Larger dual exhaust pipes
MSRP does not include $1,275 for destination and handling ($1,320 in Alaska), taxes, title or additional fees. Dealers set actual sale prices.