The Most Popular Mazda CX-5
The Mazda CX-5 is the practical small SUV for those who love to drive!
The CX-5’s combination of a near-luxury interior, great handling balance, and the practicality of a small SUV put it near the top of its class. Kelley Blue Book’s preferred model is the 2022 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S Preferred. The CX-5 is available in seven different trim levels and one special edition but the CX-5 2.5 S Preferred is the most popular because it is fun to drive and provides near-luxury features at a reasonable price.
It carries a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine making 187 horsepower, which gets 24 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway. Mazda offers a more powerful, 256-horsepower turbocharged 4-cylinder on more expensive models. CX-5 models get standard all-wheel drive and a 6-speed automatic transmission, which Mazda remapped for a sportier feel.
The 2022 CX-5 also carries a full suite of modern driver safety aids, including automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, and lane-keeping assist. The popular 2.5 S Preferred adds luxury touches like leather-trimmed seats, dual-zone climate control, a power sliding moonroof, and a power liftgate. It gets a 6-speaker sound system rather than the four speakers of the base model.
More key features include:
- Heated leather seats
- Leather steering wheel
- 8-Way power-adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support
- 10.25-inch full-color display
- Includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Power Liftgate with programmable height adjustment
- if you routinely park indoors and have a low overhead clearance, you can control how high the powered rear liftgate will rise
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go
- Mazda’s radar-based system will work to keep your car a safe distance from the car ahead and can even bring you to a gentle stop if the car ahead slows to a halt